Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Haunted Yard

Okay, so apparently I have an audience for my blog and have been fussed at for going too long without a posting. So I will fix the situation now! It's not like I haven't been busy. In fact one project I recently finished is the subject of this post.

I love decorating the house and yard for Halloween. It's the one "holiday" where I can really get creative. One dream job I've always had was being an Imagineer for Disney. So, I use this opportunity to try my own hand at creating an entertaining environment. My challenge is coming up with ideas that aren't gory. I want my work to be family and kid-friendly, but still spooky, like Disney's Haunted Mansion.

You can find plenty of Web sites of people with similar Halloween decorating interests. You should see this huge list of projects! It can be a little overwhelming, so I just pick one or two projects to try out each year. This year's project is a graveyard fence.

You can see all my work on my Web site: The Haunted Yard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough loss against the dawgs. We were pulling hard for the 'dores. Costly fumble in the red zone there late in the game.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the yard - perhaps with a 3-ft curly-haired zombie strolling through the shadows!

RobNotBob said...

Yes, it was a painful loss. Still, Vandy looked good for national TV. Two fumbles were painful, but very few penalties and some nice looking plays.

I think the loss cost us a bowl chance, but you never know. Kentucky beat LSU after all.

I need to figure out how to post pictures on this blog. The zombie might make an appearance...

kmp said...

I want to see that zombie too. :) Or if any banana peels get left out in the graveyard. :) Send us more pictures of the yard if you get a chance. I know Nate and MC would love to see it. I know that they will add it to their plans for their own yard once BL finishes school. Happy Halloween! Kristy

The Lockharts said...

Yahoo!! Thanks for the update!