Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bee Movie Is a C

My wife, son, and I saw Dreamworks' latest animated movie, Bee Movie, staring Jerry Sienfeld. It was an entertaining film and definitely toddler friendly, so I appreciate that aspect. However, the premise of a bee suing mankind for stealing honey is funny but so ridiculous that you never really end up believing in the film. On more than one occasion I had to roll my eyes and wonder what the heck the filmmakers were thinking with some of the scenes.

Perhaps not coincidentally, we recently bought and have watched a number of times Pixar's Ratatouille. Comparing the two films is like comparing a nice steak to a Quarter Pounder with cheese - there really isn't any comparison. Pixar makes films that will endure for generations to come whereas most of Dreamworks works will fade from memory.

I can't wait for Pixar's next release, WallE, that comes out next summer.

No comments: